Namaste, (the light in me sees the light in you)
Yoga is accessible to all, recommended by many respected enthusiasts, and has a wealth of associated benefits. The practice of yoga can range from meditation and breathing to challenging movements that require skill and stamina. If you're wondering whether yoga is for you, consider these 10 reasons to give it a try.
1. Mind and Body/ It feels good!The breathing and meditation exercises taught in yoga act as natural tranquilizers, lowering your blood pressure, heart rate and levels of the stress hormone, cortisol. It is a natural way to improve many stress-related conditions such as anxiety, insomnia, depression and even medical conditions such as migraines or asthma.
2. Lung FunctionYoga encourages deeper, slower breathing and strengthens the lungs by putting these good habits in place for those who practice it.
3. FocusYoga increases concentration, memory and focus by helping to discipline the mind.
4. Pain ReliefSome people have reported reduced pain associated with PMS, neck and back problems, auto-immune diseases and many other conditions.
5. CirculationVarious yoga poses aid circulation and oxygenation of cells.
6. StaminaYoga movements and poses improve strength. Poses are designed to impact various muscles and are also said to massage internal organs.
7. FlexibilityThose who regularly practice yoga will notice their range of movement increasing and enjoy the benefits of greater mobility and flexibility.
8. PostureBy increasing self-awareness, core strength and good postural habits, yoga will help those who practice it regularly to hold themselves better and move with more grace and agility.
9. Anger ManagementBy teaching those who suffer from anger-related issues more patience, yoga develops the tools to enhance a calm mind. Yoga can be beneficial as part of an anger management program.
10. ConfidenceAll of the ways that yoga improves someone's life encourages self-confidence, self-belief and a more positive outlook.
|My photographer holding my jacket while I snap one of him|